Thursday, November 9, 2006

The Name Game

    I have always been proud of my name. I would even correct people who would mispronounce Antoinette (it should be an-twa-net, not an-toy-net). I also enjoy sharing the story of how I was named (Antoinette -derived from my father's Antonio that why Carl got Anthony, Isabelle -from the actress Isabelle Adjani whom my father read about her accident on the day my birth).

    Out of boredom and curiosity, I googled the meaning of my two names. Here are results:
  • Isabelle
    • Origin: French
    • Meaning: Consecrated to God
  • Antoinette
    • Origin: French
    • Meaning: praiseworthy, flourishing, beyond praise (usually associated with French queen Marie Antoinette)
    Then I found out that Isabelle "is also a is a popular generic theorem proving environment developed at Cambridge University and TU Munich". Click here to know more about it.

    It turns out I share the same names with a Brazilian princess of the Bragança Dynasty and  a  member of  the Netherlands  nobility.


    Talaga nga naman! Praiseworthy daw at consecrated to God. Of royalty and nobility pa.Ang galing talaga ni Papa gumawa ng pangalan.

2 comments: