Saturday, May 29, 2010

Looking Back

A lot of things could happen overnight. Seriously. In a span of two days, a closed chapter suddenly became hopeful then totally erased by an almost forgotten past.

It was simple in a sense but as complicated as can be. The actions done were simple: talking, drinking, laughing, holding hands, hugging, clarifying things, understanding what has happened, bluntly telling the other what has happened. The intertwining relationships were complicated.

In less than 5 minutes, after a few words were said, everything became less complicated.

There.


But one afternoon, another simple appeal made everything complicated again. Still, I stand by my decision and stick to my choice. I will not allow such complications to affect me again. No. No. NO!



I read emails sent and received more than a year ago, trying to understand the unspoken definition that you assumed. I am not that smart after all. I did not know that you saw me that way, I did not understand why you treated me so special.

The overdue "sorry", the miscommunication, the misread coldness, the delayed talk all came one night unexpectedly. How much everything was missed, no words could describe. Perhaps, thousands of "could have been", "should have been", "would have been" came running through our heads.

Here we are now. This time, I will not pretend and hide.

Wala nang panahon para magsayang pa ng oras. Heto na, ituloy na natin ng walang pag-aalinlangan.

Tatalon ako, sasama ka?  

No comments:

Post a Comment