Saturday, September 19, 2009

I don't like wearing pants and Puff the Magic Dragon

I haven't worn a pair of pants for weeks already. I'd rather wear shorts or dresses or skirts. I like the cool feeling around my legs when they're all exposed. I don't care if I have marks on my legs.

Besides, I'm afraid I might not fit in my tight pants. Arrr. Hahaha.

------------------------

Mama told me the other day that Mary of Peter, Paul and Mary is dead. Their music completes my childhood memories along with listening to Shirley Bassey while in the car with my father and hearing Eraserheads for the first time in our stereo.

One of my favorite songs by that group is Puff the Magic Dragon.

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee,
Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal puff,
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. oh

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee,
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee.

Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sail
Jackie kept a lookout perched on puffs gigantic tail,
Noble kings and princes would bow wheneer they came,
Pirate ships would lower their flag when puff roared out his name. oh!

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee,
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee.

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more
And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave,
So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee,
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah lee.


I was a loner as a kid. I played a lot on my own, having my own stories, aliases and the works. I would dress up complete with shoes and accessories. I'd make intricate stories about my character of the moment. She'd have a lover, a great career and a beautiful handwriting. She would solve mysteries, ride bike to work and have complicated family stories.

I miss that part of my life.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't worn a pair of pants for weeks already. I'd rather wear shorts or dresses or skirts. I like the cool feeling around my legs when they're all exposed. I don't care if I have marks on my legs.

    Oh no, you're turning into Lady Gaga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/silvertongued13/HappyPants.jpg

    :D

    When I was little, I sang that song a BILLION times on the long rides from Metro Manila to Zamabales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo! I refuse to wear leggings for pants. But please slap me if I start wearing a neckbrace as accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were times that I was happy and wearing pants at the same time!

    Now I want a pet dragon. I'll call him Puff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sure! Me too. But not "truly" happy. Blissful. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete