Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Mandatory Post-Graduation Post

I woke up at 7am this morning after having 4 hours of sleep. When the alarm went off, the first thing I said was "Today, I will graduate".

I did graduate today. After five years of college plus a year of not attending school, I have finally received my diploma. And it was a struggle. My college years was never focused on my academics. I could not even remember having a normal sembreak.

Wait. I never had a sembreak.


My classmates have known me as someone whose always busy with something. But I never really told them that I was mostly busy with theater-related endeavors. Lv was the one who told everyone the real reason why I would be absent. I'm not sure why I sort of kept this a secret. But I felt the need to separate my academic life from my other life. I would invite close friends when I have shows but I never did announce in a class that I'm currently doing <insert title of show here>.

Every time I would tell a professor I would be absent, my automatic reason would be "I have work". I won't say I have a show unless he/she would ask what my work is.

Pa-sekret sekret pa talaga.


Now that college is over, another crazy chapter of my life will begin. I am still confused with what I want to do and all. So far, life has been awesome. So awesome.

I was not a brilliant student when you look at my grades. I'm not a cum laude nor an honorable mention. I was not scholar or a consistent Dean's Lister. I never really studied hard. But I know that I learned a lot. I also know that my grades will never dictate the course of my life. I am definitely sure I will survive this crazy life.

Amen.


By the way, Cesar Montano is my batchmate. Hahahaha.

17 comments:

  1. Parang may double life dahil sa pa-sekret secret na yan, hahaha. At talagang may parang post-script pa about Cesar Montano, hahaha.

    Congrats, Isab! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double life talaga. Alam nila lagi akong puyat. Kaya akala nila sa call center ako. Hahaha.
    Hindi ko alam kung paano tatapusin e. Tsaka nakakaaliw yung fact na yun.

    Salamat Hogi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ate isab! im so happy for you! happy three kings ha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hindi Kita Nakita.. ~_~ Nagulat Nga Ako Nasa likod Na Namin Si Cesar... XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindi rin kita nakita. Pero nakita ko sina Reggie, Joboy at Je-an.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uy, graduate ka na! congrats isab!!! so proud of you. galing! kahit na may double life. hehe. :0

    ReplyDelete
  7. XD Anyway.. XD Congratz Issa.. XD Graduate na.. XD

    ReplyDelete