Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Isab's Oh-So-Almost-Comprehensive 2008 Recap

Bare with me. This is a LONG post.

I called the last post the "lazy yearender" because I was really planning to make a comprehensive 2008 recap whatchamacallit. So comprehensive, I wanted it to be a daily thing. Pero gago ka ba Isabelle? Siyempre hindi! Dahil karamihan sa mga araw na iyun ay nasa bahay nagpapakababoy. Kaya naisipan ko na lang na monthly ang gagawin ko. Sigurado akong marami na akong nakalimutan, lalo na sa mga naunang buwan. Pero balang araw, habang nag-iinuman tayo, bigla ko na lang maalala ang kung ano mang okasyon at magugulat na lang kayo na naalala ko iyun.

Here it is!

January
- It's my favorite month! It was the month I became a man. I turned 21 then 7 days later, Papa turned 43.
  • Stage managed Eisa's Pole Dance Show with forever tandem JK. Eisa taught me a basic spin. I got it on the first try. I am a natural!
  • I received Abu the Mario doll for my birthday
  • Kripy Kreme New York Cheesecake

February
- It was my first time to go out on Valentine's day. Although it was unplanned, it was still fun. I had a gown made by Santi for the Diplomats' Ball. I didn't notice that my placecard was spelled wrong until Pol pointed out while showing him the picture. Hahaha.
  • Pol molested the Bagtikan statue
  • Once again joined the Mulan cast
  • Barrymore
March
- I love March because the climate screams vacation even if you're still stuck in school accomplishing all the shitnitz that's needed to be accomplished. This was the month I experienced the worst stage fright ever and it did not even happen onstage. But I'll never forget the Ultimate Zambales trip.
  • Camping at Anawangin with our proud sponsor Cossack Vodka
  • All I Want premiere
  • Recitals galore
April
- April was a roller coaster ride. Iyun lang ang masasabi ko.
  • Intramuros day
  • Dobledida
  • Watched Iron Man with Ren followed by a Roofdeck reading session where everyone was all "Are you okay?" mood. It was still fun.

May
- This was a month of recovery. I was mostly out of the house because I can't bear staying at home. I stayed at the Matimtiman Mansion then at Eisa's. The latter part of this month was really busy. Nakawiwindang.
  • Discovered Cubeecraft!
  • Got an internship in Instituto
  • Saw Ely Buendia for realzzzz
  • Reading for Virgin Labfest began
  • Met the fabulous people of Instituto
June
- Action-packed month! I don't know how I was able to balance my internship, Labfest rehearsals, Spanish Classes and school. It was a relief when it ended.
  • Ang Mga Halimaw
  • Attended Spanish Classes four days a week in zombie mode
  • 1st semester of my final year

July
- What can I say about July... maraming bukingan. Iyun.
  • Halimaw cast party
  • Herbie back in Manila!!! Ang paboritong instik ng lahat
  • became part of Cinemalaya's opening ceremony - pero wala naman akong napanuod ni isa
  • Practicum officially ended :(

August
- August was the calm before the storm. Malumanay ang buwan na ito dahil ang mga sumunod ay sobrang nakakaloka. This was the month that I treated myself to a perm! Sobrang sulit talaga! I love Ria of Tony and Jackey!
  • Oyens attended her first ballet class
  • Truth Fest! Panalo talaga ang bronzer ni Inang Bayang Skyzx
  • CIR GA - hosted it with my POC buddy Chris
September
- Heto na yun, sunod-sunod ang mga adventure. Most of the time, I'd be at JK's for raket-related sleepovers. My negotiating skills were pushed to the limits. I had to talk to my professors about my crazy schedule and ask them to reschedule a quiz or reporting so that I won't miss any. Hahaha.
  • Rehearsal proper for Rhinoceros began
  • Mulan for the nth time with JK and Martha
  • Whiz Kids raket with forever tandem Jk - talagang baog na ako sa kakadikit ng EVA foam
October
- How did I survive October? Let me count the ways...
I seriously didn't feel I had a sembreak. October was like June. I had to balance Rhino rehearsals, volunteer work for Pelicula, finals, parties and supporting friends in Fashion Week
  • Jk's birthday!
  • Pelicula! and the greatest drama during the closing night!
  • Fashion week
  • Togo moments with the POC barkada

November
- In my many many many years as a student, I have never missed a first day of class. Iba na talaga ang kapangyarihan ni Jk!
  • Rhinoceros Show
  • Rhinoceros Cast Party
  • Anna Catams' Belated Birthday Celebration
  • Standstill Concert!
December
- Yehey December! 'Tis the season to chubby, fa lalalala lalala la!!!! I believe I gained a lot of weight this month and it all went to my belleh! Christmas parties galore! Drinking galore! Most dramatic moment in a family scenario!
  • Makiling's Album launch - kung saan nagpustahan kami ni Nina na pareho naman kaming talo
  • Mga Christmas party kung saan-saan
  • On the morning of Christmas eve: Yung pinsan kong pinapaaral ng tita ko (a.k.a. Mommy Alona) pumunta ng simbahan para sa Simbang Gabi. Hindi na siya bumalik, wala siyang iniwang damit kundi uniporme sa school. Pinapaniwalaang sumama na siya sa kanyang jowa. Pinuntahan nina Mama, Papa at Mommy yung bahay nung jowa, walang sumagot pero naririnig na may umaandar na electric fan sa loob. Keber na ng nanay ko, sapat na yun. Kung ayaw magpakita, eh di wag! Basta nag-effort na silang hanapin siya. She's 18 years old. Kaya noong Noche Buena, celebrate pa rin kami dahil masasarap ang pagkain! Horay!
  • My nieces from Australia!
  • Oyens got dengue. :( But she's okay now. 
  • Planning the Ultimate Wedding of 2009
  • Watchmen! - ewan ko ba kung bakit ngayon ko lang ito binasa na matagal nang may kopya ang kuya ko

In fairness, napagod ako sa kakagawa ng post na ito. May mga litratong kinuha ko pa sa kung kani-kaninong multiply at fezbuk. This post was 3 days in the making. Hahaha!

And so...

2008 was fun. Hahaha. Napagod na ako, wala na akong masabi. Seriously, it was fun. It was full of ups and downs, roller coaster ride.

Ang kaso, lagi kong nararamdaman na may darating na pababa. Yung tipong kapag nakasakay ka sa roller coaster nakikita mo yung drop tapos pinipilit mong ihanda yung tiyan para hindi umakyat sa kung saan man aakyat. Pero kahit anong handa mo, hindi pa rin sapat, masakit pa rin sa tiyan. Pero matatawa ka na lang pagkatapos ng buong ride.

Ganoon ang nangyari, sinubukan kong paghandaan lahat ng drama. Pero hindi, tinamaan pa rin ako ng bongga. Pero kapag inaalala ko ngayon, napapangiti na lang ako at nasusundan ng tawa. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, sabi nga ng kung sino man nagsabi noon. Tatay ko ata iyun, o baka narinig niya lang din.


I do not know what 2009 will bring. I'm sure of some things:
  • a wedding (not mine, definitely)
  • my graduation!!!
  • at least two out-of-town trips
  • job hunting
I'm starting to get that pre-new year anxiety attack. I always get that every year. I'm sure 2009 will be full of surprises.

Basta sa taong ito, kakabugin natin ang dapat na kabugin. In 2009, I will be rolling in awesomeness. At sabi nga ni JK, ang theme sa darating na taon ay

ALL'S MINE '09

Manigong Bagong Taon sa ating lahat!!!!

4 comments:

  1. tenkyu ate isab sa pagiging parte ng 2008 ko... di pa ko makapagsummary... baka may mahusay pang mangyari mamaya =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ako'y mapalad at nakasalubong ang ating landas. Nosebleed. hahaha. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete