Friday, May 30, 2008

Internship - Week One and one more thing

This was a week of firsts: first week in Instituto, first rehearsal for Virgin Labfest 4 and first week to wake-up before everybody else (blarggggghhh!!!!).

Every morning I'd feel really tired because I still sleep at around 1. I'm still having difficulty sleeping. Zombie mode every morning. Rawr!!! Meh eat yourh brainssssss!!

BUT the internship is great. The office is really casual. We get to wear whatever we want. Yehey! We get to practice our Spanish. Our bosses are awesome and not scary at all. Everytime they see us, they'd say "Hola!" or "Que tal?" We'd say "Hola!" or "Muy bien!" Hahaha. Ang loser na nga namin tignan minsan.

This Wednesday was Manolo's birthday. He's the head of the administration. He's one of the crushables in the office. But Lv says he's gay. I say he's European! There were lots of food. There were Becky's Kitchen cakes, Filipino cookies (spanish cookies called "Filipino") and turron (not the banana wrapped in lumpia skin, but it's a kind of dessert that's made of "miel" or honey and it's very popular every December). Lv and I are so happy because we can somehow understand really fast Spanish conversations in the office. Ole!

Another perk that we get as an intern is access to the library. We have a one month FREE membership. We get to borrow books, DVDs, CD-ROMs, CDs and VHS (hahahaha). I borrowed a DVD entitled "Sin Verguenza". Walang hiya. I might watch it tomorrow morning.

All of the computers are in Spanish. The keyboards have a different configuration. The other day, when we had to type a document, I kept pressing different keys just to find - and ".

Since the office staff is relatively small, we get to have actual interaction with the boss of all the bosses. The director of the institution. He looks like the Godfather.
          LV: Ano sa spanish ang godfather?
          Ako: Ninong? Hahahaha
          LV: Ninong na lang tawag natin sa kanya!  Hahahaha

As I have mentioned, we get to talk to Ninong every now and then. In fact, the other day, he called us into his office and gave us a peptalk. It was great. He said that it doesn't really matter what course you're taking right now as long as you're doing something because you are passionate about it. All he wants for us at the end of the internship, is to discover something we want to do. Saan ka pa!

Today, I assisted Ninong as he was the guest speaker for an event in Camp Aguinaldo. It was way different from what we expected. Kaya tuloy medyo hindi bagay yung na prepare niyang speech. Okay lang.

On our way there, Ninong asked me about my plans after I graduate. He mentioned again that it is okay if I don't get a job related my degree. He told me that he's as Engineering graduate but he has never practiced it since he graduated. He wanted to express himself and be a writer, that's how he got into journalism. Oh! He has a collection of newspapers from 1890's to World War 2. He said that when he retires, he'll dedicate his time to organizing his collection. Oh di ba!

---------------------------

We're doing "Ang Mga Halimaw" by Carlo Garcia for Virgin Labfest 4. We started rehearsals this week. That's why I'm really tired. Lack of sleep + Internship + Commuting + Broke = Groggy me.

But I'm really happy that I'll be in the 4th labfest. Perfect attendance! Bwahahaha.

And we have a virgin to the Virgin Labfest, our SM Mia! Thanks again Mia for being our SM.

4 comments:

  1. Virgin ano? Virgin Sacrifice? x3 Thanks for the opportunity, Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. virgin sacrifice. kapalit ng biscuit at pang-kape. Bwahahaha. >:) Hehehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lack of sleep + Internship + Commuting + Broke = Groggy me."

    Buh. You said it.

    ReplyDelete